Keeping track of the person you love is a great thing. You can either choose them from time to time, or simply ask them to share their place with you. Sometimes it can be a blessing for you to share a place. You can very easily be redirected to an address.
There may be times when you travel at night and your mother is worried about you. You can simply send them your place so she knows when you get home. There are many ways and apps you can use to share your location with your friends and family.
In this article, we give you 9 ways to share space with friends and family.
How to share space with friends and family – 9 ways
There are many ways in which you can easily share your places. Sharing places has many benefits. It helps keep you safe too. If something goes wrong, your friends and family will know as soon as possible. So why not give it a try. Here we have mentioned some ways in which you can easily share your place.
WhatsApp is a free internet-based service for messaging, phone, video calling and group chat that lets you stay in touch with the people you care about. Your friends and family can also see where you are at any given time thanks to WhatsApp. There are other benefits to using Whatsapp. You can send money, share documents, photos etc.
Here’s how to share your location on Whatsapp.
- First, enable GPS on your device using the Settings tab. You can also drag down the notification area to activate GPS.
- Now open the Whatsapp app and select the chat you want to share your site with.
- When using an iPhone, tap the + symbol at the bottom left. If you are using Android, tap the clip icon at the bottom right.
- From the list of menus, press “Location”.
- To send a place where you are right now, select “Send your current place” or “Share live place” to share your place in real time as you move (from 15 minutes up to 8 hours).
It is now possible to share your location with anyone in your contacts or phone conversations with Whatsapp. Here are some things to keep in mind.
- Easy to use and share the site.
- Live and current location sharing options are available.
- An exact location may not always be possible.
- Internet access is a must.
- Facebook has full control over the service, which means that your personal information may be shared with third parties
2. Google Maps
When it comes to navigation aids, Google Maps is without a doubt at the top of the list. In addition to helping users find their way around unfamiliar areas, the app can also help them plan their regular commutes by monitoring public transportation. A number of new updates to Google Maps are aimed at making sustainable travel easier for consumers.
You need to use Google Maps on your Android or iPhone to share your current location with others. You can only see the location of a friend who has chosen to share it with you if you use Google Maps from a desktop browser. Open the Google Maps app on your device and follow the options below.
- The profile picture icon is located in the upper right corner of the screen. Push it.
- From the list of options, tap the “Location sharing” option.
- Now you can choose how long your place should be visible to others. You can choose a time period ranging from an hour to a full day. If you are not sure how long you want the feature to last, another option is to select “Until you turn it off.”
- To see a list of people you can share your seat with, scroll right and press the “More” button. Sharing your location with Google Maps requires access to your contacts.
- Identify the person you want to share your current location with. After that, click the “Share” button.
- To prevent Google Maps from sharing your location after arriving at your destination, select the “Stop sharing your location” option.
Find My – iPhone Only
You can easily share your location with friends and family on an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch using the Find My app. How to use:
- Open the “Find My” app on your iPhone.
- Click the “People” tab.
- Click “Start sharing location.”
- Write the name or phone number of the person you want to share your place with.
- Once you have selected how long you want to share your location, just press the OK button.
- To stop sharing the place, tap the person you want to stop sharing your place on the People tab, then select “Stop sharing my place”.
The next method to share your site with friends and family is to use Geozilla.
GeoZilla is a program that lets you keep track of where everyone in your family is.
When using GeoZilla, you can always keep an eye on your loved ones and know where they are at all times. This software can also be used to communicate with friends and family.
But, that’s something else. It works when you have a tracking device. It is useful when your dog is misplaced, or your children to know where they are playing.
- Download and install the Geozilla app from the Play Store.
- Use your email address or your Google Account to sign up.
- Now connect your tracking device to the app and you are up and running.
- Once you have entered the device code in the app, you can see the current position in real time.
5. Facebook Messenger
It is possible to share your site without leaving the Facebook Messenger app if you are currently talking to the person or group you want to share it with. This is compatible with both Android and iOS devices.
- Open the chat with the person you want to share your site with.
- You can find the location option from the “Arrow Sign” or press the four dots, where you will find the location option.
- Messenger software may request permission to access your current location.
- To share your location, tap the blue “Share live location” field on the map.
- To share a location, you can either tap the red pin at the top right and enter an address, or you can drag and drop a pin onto the map.
- You can share your seat for one hour at a time. You will see the “Stop sharing” option next to the countdown timer.
6. My place
You do not need to be an expert to use the app “My place” (free, with in-app purchases). You can see where your friends are at any time using a map-based interface, and they can do the same for you. To make it even easier to find your friends, Find My Friends includes the ability to see their exact latitude and longitude, as well as their exact address.
KML, GPX and GEOJSON files can be imported and exported at any time for a comprehensive log tracking history. Map themes and widgets for your phone’s home screen are also available. No prior knowledge of navigation is required, and you can get directions to new locations by walking, riding or driving with this app.
7. Emergency sharing on Android
AS you know, there are many operating systems in Android, so the steps for sharing space in an emergency are different on all Android devices. The power button can be held down to get emergency information or an emergency.
On most Android-powered devices, these two steps can be followed:
- Just go to Settings> Location and activate “Emergency call service”. When you call or text an emergency number, your location will be shared with the appropriate authorities if this feature is enabled.
- Navigate to Settings> About phone> Emergency information to activate the function. This is where you can save a list of people to call in the event of an emergency. For example, when you make an emergency call, you can tap “Status Updates” under Emergency Sharing on Some Devices to automatically share your location.
SOS messaging is a feature that Samsung phones have on their operating systems. Set it up through the following steps.
- Go to Settings> Advanced features> and press SOS messages.
- Continue and press the Continue button after turning it on.
- Press the “Start” option and then choose between adding new contacts or choosing from a list of existing ones.
- Now choose what the triggering SOS message should be and if you want photos or sounds in it.
- In the event of an emergency, you can start SOS messages by pressing the power button four times quickly or using any other method you like. Your location will be sent with the message. Every 30 minutes for 24 hours the site will be updated.
8. Emergency sharing on iPhone
Emergency SOS is a feature on the iPhone from Apple. When enabled, it sends a text message to your emergency contacts and gives them your location.
- Open the Health app and tap on your profile picture, then Medical ID> Edit and then scroll down to Emergency Contacts to enter the contact information.
- To have a list of contacts on hand in the event of an emergency, click on the + symbol.
- Press and hold the power button and a volume key, or if you are using an iPhone 7, quickly press the power button five times to activate the SOS emergency function.
- Emergency services can also be activated by dragging the SOS slider for emergencies. Text messaging and location sharing with your emergency contacts will also be triggered as a result.
- As a precaution, you may want to give your emergency room a try at home. This will make you understand the steps better.
For those who want to keep their loved ones safe, the Life360 app is available for both iOS and Android devices. It’s easy to build your own groupings, so-called “Circles”, and you can see the location of Circle Members in real time on a private family map if you wish. You will be warned when a member arrives or leaves a place. In the event that you lose your phone or if it is stolen, you can still track where it is with this application.
A subscription-based model allows the app to provide more features than others. A 30-day history, unlimited location notifications and local crime alerts are included for $ 2.99 per month. If you’re interested in crash detection and 24/7 driver care, you can get it for $ 7.99 a month. Its primary goal is to relieve any stress that may be associated with family travel, especially when dealing with new or inexperienced drivers.
These are all the best ways to share your space with your friends and families. I hope you liked this article. If you have any doubts, let us know in the comments section below.
#ways #share #space #friends #family #Teal #Mango