Members of a hen party were left stranded in Portugal - meaning many were unable to make it to work

The bachelor party got stuck for 17 hours after the easyJet delay with several missing jobs

Ffion Williams, 32, said the group would leave shortly after 10pm on Sunday night, but that they were still stuck in Faro the following afternoon after their easyJet flight was delayed.

Members of a bachelor party were stranded in Portugal - which meant that many could not get to work
Members of bridal showers were left stranded in Portugal – which means that many could not get to work

Furious bachelorette parties were left waiting at an airport in Portugal for 17 hours – which meant that a number of teachers could not get to work.

Ffion Williams said the group would leave shortly after 10pm on Sunday night, but that they were still stuck in Faro the following afternoon after their easyJet the flight was delayed.

The 32-year-old, from Merthyr Tydfil, said that the company did not have time for a flight until 2.30 pm on Monday – which means that many of the hens, who work as teachers, could not get back to work.

Ffion told Wales Online that during the duration of the delay – including overnight – the company had no choice but to camp on the airport floor.

She said: “We received an update from easyJet that we had a flight delay of one hour and that our new flight would be at 11.15 pm. We arrived at the airport, checked in, checked in our luggage and came through the security checkpoint and waited for our door should open.

Then the flight was further delayed to 12.45. “

They were forced to camp on the airport floor overnight

It was not until 2.30 pm the next day that they finally got their flight

However, it was worse to come when it was announced that the flight was overbooked and not everyone could get on.

in Ffion. “When the gate was opened so that we could go on to the flight, a message came over the tannoy that said they had overcrowded our flight, and asked if there was anyone who could stay in Faro and not get on the flight because there were eight people too many to join the flight.

“Of course everyone ran to line up because no one wanted to stay at the airport. The flight was overbooked by eight people.”

The situation took a second turn when the passengers heard their next message, Ffion said.

“The next message came then to say that the pilot and the flight attendants had flown in their 12 hours and that the flight would now be canceled and that there would be an update no later than 12 o’clock on Monday about when our next flight would be.

“There was no staff there asking what to do. EasyJet’s app crashed so we could not even get in there. We sat on the airport floor until 1.30pm on Monday.”

The group had traveled to Portugal during the anniversary weekend

Ffion said flyers were handed out to passengers, urging them to call easyJet for advice, but phone lines were down due to the holidays.

She claimed that no hotel was offered overnight to provide the chickens – who ranged in age from the early 20s to the late 50s – with any comfortable place to stay.

EasyJet, which has apologized for the experience, said it reimbursed housing costs and is investigating why some customers were misinformed and stayed at Faro airport.

Ffion said: “We were not allowed to book our own hotel room ourselves because if we did we would not get a refund. The only way we could get a refund was to go on the Easyjet app, but it was down. Since we were 23, “The hotel would have been very expensive for all of us to book and we did not have all the means available to do so after budgeting for a holiday. It was terrible.”

During his time at the airport, Ffion said there were little opportunities for the chickens to get food or water until the morning, adding that the shops closed around 10.30pm shortly after they arrived. But she claimed that without easyJet staff in sight, no food stamps, water or blankets were offered. She said it led to a very uncomfortable night with little sleep for the already exhausted group.

Ffion said: “There were no staff nearby and all the shops were closed. We had no food, no water, no blankets and it was cold at the airport. It was terrible. We were without food all night until the shops opened again. In the morning around 06.30 We were left from 22.30 when the shops closed until 06.30.

“We also did not receive food stamps. We were literally left on the airport floor for the night. I did not get any sleep, even though some of the others managed to get 20 minutes or so. We had been quite awake for a full 39 hours when we got home. You can imagine how tired we were after the bachelor party weekend, our lack of sleep was enormous anyway. We were tired, exhausted, exhausted. “

And what’s more, Ffion said that one of the members of her group is diabetic and became ill when her blood sugar levels dropped due to lack of food. She said: “Not once were we checked and asked if we were given medicine or anything. One of our girls is a diet-controlled diabetic and she felt bad because she did not have food for so long. We had to get her sweets when stores opened because she had a mini hypo. “

While the company and other passengers were waiting desperately for their flight, Ffion said that many felt worried about whether their flight on Monday would be completed. She said: “The majority of the girls are school teachers and they all had school yesterday, which none of them did because we were all in Faro.

“Most of us also have children at home that we had not planned for an extra night when we would not be around. Then there was the worry of whether we could actually fly home at 13.30 that afternoon. The flight was still overbooked, or if we would get stuck there or if we were to split up.

“Everyone was anxiously ill. There was a lady with a small baby there who is 12 weeks old who was one of the passengers overbooked and she had already had delays. She would be given priority for a seat, but then you are not coming home to meet your baby. Everyone was worried and anxious. You could see that everyone was fighting for themselves. “

At 13.30 on Monday, Ffion said that she and the other hens were relieved to finally get a seat on the plane. However, there was another delay according to Ffion, who claimed that passengers had to wait for an hour on the plane before it finally took off at 14.30. She also claimed that the flight had been overbooked again and that about six passengers had to stay in Faro.

Ffion said she returned to Bristol around 5.15pm on Monday before traveling directly home to Merthyr. When she spoke to WalesOnline a day later on Tuesday, Ffion said she still felt exhausted. She said that she felt lucky to have been able to book a day off unlike the teachers in her group.

Ffion said she hoped for an apology, but most of all that the airline learned from her experience. She said: “I understand that they can not help the delays and that pilots can only fly for a certain number of hours, but the problem is how it was handled. I would definitely like an apology, but in the future, to know that it is there. carnage at all airports at the moment, they should have representatives on the floor checking passengers. “

An easyJet spokeswoman said: “We are very sorry that Ms Williams’ flight EZY6010 from Faro to Bristol was canceled on June 5. Customers were immediately informed of their options to rebook or get a refund and were offered to provide hotel accommodation and meals where required. We reimburse housing costs and therefore we investigate why some customers were misinformed and stayed at the airport in Faro.We understand the impact this had on their plans and we are very sorry.Our team will contact Ms Williams to apologize for her experience and support in managing her expenses. “

Read more

Read more

#bachelor #party #stuck #hours #easyJet #delay #missing #jobs

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.