Destiny 2 has always struggled with the limits of RNG. Sure, part of being a looter is grinding gear falls until you get that special reel you’re looking for, but with five columns of benefits in Destiny equipment and a masterpiece, it felt like the hunt could sometimes prove impossible.
Go into crafts.
Bungie released a new craft system with Witch Queen to alleviate this problem, as well as offer special bonuses for manufactured weapons as enhanced benefits. But in practice, the longer we use the crafting system, the more it seems that it does not really solve the problem as it was originally intended: the game struggles with seemingly endless RNG.
The problem, especially this season, even more than last season, is red border pattern cases.
Right now, All creatable weapons in Season of the Haunted require five pattern cases, up from some that only needed three last season, because Bungie for some reason decided that more was better.
The complex problem is that the fall rate is so low, that the focus is so expensive and that the equipment sources are so sparse that people go crazy and try to get 5 red frame edges from their favorite weapon. Problems:
- The four abundant weapons come only from the excellent chests of Leviathan, and nowhere else. Running around and opening chests for keys and then other chests for drops is not a good yard.
- Four of the six Haunted weapons only come from Nightmare Containment or Sever (which requires a Bound drop from Containment), and two more can be found at the end of the playlists also through the combat pass eventually.
- Focusing on specific Opulent or Haunted weapons costs 27 Opulent Umbral Energy, which after an upgrade are three full runs of Nightmare Containment.
- I do not know what the actual reduction of red images is, but I do not think it can be more than 10%. But on the bad side of RNG, I’ve seen people focus on 25 copies of a single weapon without a single red frame, because there does not seem to be bad luck protection. And again, these would mean that you have to spend for these processes.
- Two of the weapons manufactured this season, the sumptuous fusion rifle and the machine gun that only fall in the dungeon, seem on the verge of impossible to manufacture, with incredibly low drop rates in the dungeon along with the low red frame rate. I’ve heard of players who grow a hundred bosses to get zero red frames of the weapon they were looking for.
Yes, it is true that once you have a pattern, you have basically killed the need for the weapon to fall into nature again. But the current system of getting the five patterns for a specific weapon can feel as frustrating as RNG for scrolls ever did. And it’s also frustrating because you’re during this process Can Get big rolls of these weapons, and still you know that you still want the manufactured version with the chance for enhanced benefits, so it devalues the drops you do get in the way. It’s a very strange system.
Last season, Bungie stopped polishing the fall speed for Wellspring weapons and installing some sort of unlucky protection for red frame falls. It may be necessary this season as well. We also have an upgrade in Crown of Sorrow that will allow at least one directed red frame fall this week. Still, this system just seems like it’s still strongly RNG-focused, but somehow in a worse way than before. Crafts may be here to stay, but this aspect requires particularly little work.
#Destiny #craft #system #solve #intended #problem